Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Return of Coco

Tom Hanks on Conan 11/09/2010

I don't know about you but after Johnny Carson left the air, late night just wasn't the same for me. It was a treat when I was allowed to stay up late and watch Johnny's entire show. Most of the time I managed to hear Johnny's monologue through the wall as I fell asleep. When Johnny was gone I just couldn't get into Jay Leno. I would watch the Tonight Show on Fridays since I didn't have work the next morning or if there was a celebrity that I really wanted to see I would record the episode but that was it. Jay never did it for me, not like Johnny did and most certainly not like Conan O'Brien. 

Now I am sure you are wondering, if I didn't stay up late to watch Jay Leno, why would I stay up even later to watch Conan. Let me explain, when Conan first debuted, 17 years ago, he was a bit of a dork. Some of his humor unfortunately was quite lame but some of it was also quite funny. Like a fine wine though, Conan has gotten better with age and as much as I hate to say it, NBC canning him was the best thing that ever happened to him. I feel like Conan finally found himself, he has found his "Johnny". 

Monday night was the premier of Conan on TBS and I was so excited I couldn't stand it. At 9 o'clock MST, I was tucked into bed and watched as the opening credits for the Conan show began to flash across my screen. Conan looks good, he looks really really good and he looked excited. To have Conan and Andy back on the same stage (which by the way harkens back to the old Tonight Show stage) was fantastic. I now have a reason to be in bed at 9 every night so that I can actually get to bed on time (I fall asleep to George Lopez now but I DVR his show, love him!).

In a nutshell I am so happy that Conan is back and I had to share my favorite moment from last nights show was his interview with Tom Hanks (FUNNY FUNNY FUNNY BRILLS!).

Cheers!
ACOCAACN


No comments:

Post a Comment