Monday, November 22, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like, wait....we haven't even had Thanksgiving yet!


Are you like me, you get all excited for the start of the holidays, which in my home starts out with the double celebration of Halloween and my son's birthday which falls on Halloween. You get all geared up to go to the store to see what new and spooky items they have to add to your horror repertoire. You walk into the store and instead of Halloween you get hit with Herry HallThanksMas! 

That totally happened to me this year. I went into the local Shopko and as I walked in the front door, in front of me was a display for Thanksgiving and too my right were some decorations for Thanksgiving. That's alright, it's just a little bit, no harm no foul. I walk to the back of the store and sitting right next to Halloween Alley in full festive mode is the Christmas Village, what! Breathe in 123, breathe out 123. This was at the end of SEPTEMBER people, whatever happened to giving each holiday their individual time? 

I am a purist, I celebrate Halloween for the month of October, I clean it up and put it away. I celebrate Thanksgiving for the month of November, I clean it up and put it away. The only time two holidays should be promoted commercially side by side is when Chanukah runs through Christmas! I am sure there are a lot of people who like the sharing of aisles at the store, getting a jump start on holiday decorating and such, but that is just not me. So I will continue to be excited for turkey day this week and won't think a lick about Christmas until the day AFTER Black Friday.

Cheers!
ACOCAACN

No comments:

Post a Comment