Saturday, January 8, 2011

INVERSION


In meteorology, an inversion is a deviation from the normal change of an atmospheric property with altitude. It almost always refers to a temperature inversion, i.e., an increase in temperature with height, or to the layer (inversion layer) within which such an increase occurs.[1]
An inversion can lead to pollution such as smog being trapped close to the ground, with possible adverse effects on health. An inversion can also suppress convection by acting as a "cap". If this cap is broken for any of several reasons, convection of any moisture present can then erupt into violent thunderstorms. Temperature inversion can notoriously result in freezing rain in cold climates.

I HATE IT, I HATE IT, I HATE IT! In my life Inversion = Migraine, which in turn equals a very sad and unhappy me:(

ACOCAACN

1 comment:

  1. The only draw back for me to move back home is the air quality being the WORST in the nation. Not loving that - it's good my people are worth it! Sorry about your migraines love.

    ReplyDelete