Friday, December 10, 2010

62 Days Down


62 Days ago I did the unthinkable, I quit smoking. Yes I did, I know it is hard to believe. I still can't believe it myself but I did it. It has been extremely difficult, I gained 7 pounds, my penchant for Twizzlers has gone through the roof and I get very cranky if I can't find anything sweet. 

But as I said before I did it and it has made my husband's life a living hell. I am not talking mood swings, he was used to that already. I am talking about how the smell of cigarette smoke now makes me physically nauseous or the fact that I go into a fit of killer sneezes if he gets too close and I smell smoke on him. Yeah, it hasn't been much fun for him but that's life right? I quit, he won't, I don't drink, he does, is there a place to meet in the middle? Only time will tell, until then I have to find the motivation to get my butt to the gym to work out and drop the quit weight. I do have to admit that I don't miss the constant sore throats or the sicky eyes or stuffy nose. I can taste my food, I mean REALLY taste my food and if I bitch at you about smoking, I have the right too because I am an ex-smoker. My kids are insanely proud of me and I am insanely proud of myself. 

Cheers!
ACOCAACN

No comments:

Post a Comment